Are you an upcoming junior who is thinking about continuing with more school after high school? Here’s what you can work on this summer:
- Visit colleges and universities that you are interested in attending. If you want to start at a local community college, visit it and find out where you can transfer most easily. Then visit the four-year college or university you might transfer to. Try talking to current students while you’re on campus, as that might give you some insight. If you have to sit through an interview, remember to send a thank-you note to your interviewer.
- Sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT, which is given in October.
- Once the PSAT is over, get ready for the SAT. You can even sign up for an SAT question of the day to help prepare you for the test.
- Make sure you’re up-to-date on SAT Subject Tests.
- If you’ve failed any classes in your freshman and sophomore years, make them up now so that you won’t be short of credits for graduation.